Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ironic Faith In A Depressing Country


I have been job-hunting like rabbits making babies for this past month. Nasty way to compare this, I know, but it's true.

I have first applied pretty much all over town, anywhere I can commute to by bus after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I hit a seperate part of town or shopping center each and everyday. Even with the busy schedule I just got from school, I'm still looking for work. Like today.

It was over 90 degrees Farenheit today. Luckly, I was smart and didn't wear jeans and jacket like yesterday. I went with shorts and t-shirt and sandals. Had my backpack for a homework assignment I had to do observing people's non-verbal communication, as well as psychology homework and a novel to pass the time. I only had a small bag of doritos and a room-temperature bottle of water. No money to buy a soda or anything. I took the bus from home all the way to the mall. By around 8:30 am, it was already pretty toasty. I was able to get inside the mall, though, where I would be applying to work after doing my observation assignment at a nearby Starbucks, first. (Good thing no one noticed I was observing their actions. lol).

The mall is creepy as hell when it's over 99% empty. It got people in by around 10:30ish. I started applying for work at around 11 am when all the stores were open. All of them.

Many turned me down. Many gave me applications. Some are hiring. The rest told me to apply online. When they told me only that they're taking applications and they don't tell me anything else, I can already tell that they're not hiring, at the moment. I wish they'd just tell me that instead of doing that to me. Their tone of voice and facial expression gives it away, too. Either way, it hurts.

I pretty much went through all of the mall. Both floors from left to right sides.

I was dead tired by the time I made it back home. It wasn't easy getting back, though, since I missed the bus. I took another bus, and had to do a bit of extra walking, but I made it home. When I got back, all I wanted to do was eat lunch, and sleep for a long time, which I did. But then I had to wake up to do chores around the house, which I didn't mind doing as long as they were done quickly so I could relax.

I may be going through hell in this depressing country right now, but I don't care how bad it is. There's plenty of places right now to look into, and I'm gonna keep going until I get something.

I'll just keep turning the page in this book of life. And if nothing in this book, then I'll keep going into more books.

Ironic that I won't quit no matter how bad this gets, huh?

1 comments:

ROMANTIC said...

You're a very interesting person to listen to, Marin. i admire your storytelling. i hope you get the job!
(Hint - have you done any visualizing?)

Post a Comment