Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Friend In Trouble


I need you all to hear this story. It's by long-time friend: Ana Cordoba (as seen in pic). This is her story:

Let the Whole World Know by Ana Cordoba on Monday, November 15, 2010 at 10:22pm.

Hello everybody! I came up with my decision--pushed by my parents honestly. I've come up with a decent outline plan but this will only work with your cooperation. Let me get my situation out in the open:

My parents will be deported on December 17th, 2010. And I might just go with them. This isn't about me. This is about them. They are the people that have supported me since birth, the two that sacrificed their health, social lives and if there were just a few more nudges: their lovingly complicated relationship. For two decades they have stayed and worked here not for their selfish needs but for mine educational necessities. They wanted me to go to college and make use of it. They wanted my life to actually pull through and rise out of the ashes of their failed attempts--I' am their dreams in essence.

Emotions aside, my parents have done everything the law has wanted out of them: paid taxes, lawyer fees taken care of, so on and so on. How are they paying for it? They have locator bracelets on their ankles to make sure they don't run off and hide from authorities. They must wear them until they are out of this country. My parents have done no crime, and before anyone calls foul--THEY. DIDN'T. What did they do? Did they steal money? No. Did they get this money illegally? No. What are they using it for?

To pay for my college education, to sustain my grandparents basic living conditions. Is that selfish? Not when it involves keeping a family alive. A family that have missed their absent puzzle pieces for a couple of decades. My grandmother died--I never once said goodbye to her, promise after promise that I never completed...she died quickly, knowing that she will not see her oldest son, she wouldn't get the chance, she won't. Because my dad wanted to give me the life he could never have. At the sacrifice of my childhood, at the price of his wilting health thanks to Diabetes.

My mother is running the risk of losing her own mother. She's close, I believe. She's holding on, waiting for her final child to come back for one more talk, one more hug, one more everything. Because she wanted me to have the life she almost had. At the sacrifice of her hope and dreams, of her smile. At the price of her pride as a person thanks to these stupid bracelets, these check ins by officials. People that are from different backgrounds, ethnicities.

My parents have sacrificed more than enough. I've stated this already, I have no need to repeat this. So I will gladly cut to the chase and say that I need your help.

I need you guys to follow this CLOSELY. My parents only have 32 days left here and we are running out of time with each passing second.

This will be the biggest favor I will ask of you guys. I need you all to follow me and send letters to senators, congress folk and so on. What good will that do? Alone, nothing. In vast numbers, so much. And don't just stop there. Call them up, remind them that two people here that have earned their right as citizens are hoping for a miracle this Christmas Season. Remind them that my education will be cut short if they leave. They will not get the chance to see me graduate, their hard work starting from 1990 will be for naught and may end up in vain. They came in this country in a legal manner, I remind you all. They earned their keep in a legal manner. They have bought, sold, done their taxes in a legal manner. The U.S knows that we exist, we let them know as soon as I was born that we intend to make a living here much like many immigrants did back in the late 1800's to early 1900's.

My life along with theirs will be completely shattered without your help. I ask for no money, no financial support. Instead donate time. That is it. A few minutes reading this and spreading it across the network. Refer them to media sources, make a video. Tell the whole world of this. Help me let the world know what this immigration system has done to me and my family. Remind the country and world that many of us, SO many of us are suffering under these current situations. I' am not alone in my struggle. As we speak, a large amount of kids in my current situation are being ridiculed and considered just as illegal as their parents supposedly are. They are being separated from their homes, families and loved ones because no one can support them.

Broken hearts are being created, tears are being shed and they can't do a thing about them. But I can. WE can. WE can tell the whole world that this BULLSHIT must be laid down ONCE AND FOR ALL. I do not just want to speak for my parents, but I would like us all to come together and speak of the tragedy occurring in our country: Parents and relatives that worked countless hours with little to no sleep are being torn away from their children--children that are just like us, that were just like us. Kids that have dreams of being the next big shot doctor, politician, writer, actor/actress. They have dreams like the rest of us, like the person next to you. I know that I will not be the only child to cry over their lost nurturers and loved ones. I will certainly not be the last. But in any way, I want to make sure that we get to the last child faster.

Let the whole world know. Announce it, spread it, tell them, scream it, state it. Let. Them. Know. Help me help them. Help me keep my one true family together. Because even though a lot of us may hate our parents and wish they would just leave us the hell alone, we're grateful for them. And I love my mom and dad. I need them. They need me. It's like that.

Thank you.



I don't know who can read this and not feel compassion for this young woman and her parents. C'mon. There's no crime in wanting a better life for your kids.

So, if you can, spread the word, let the government know they need to grow some hearts and give this family a chance. Plz don't let my friend have to leave America. Neither her or her parents.


0 comments:

Post a Comment